Make Your Work at Home Dream Reality
By Jennifer Baker
The biggest industry for the last several decades has been small business, but this has exploded today into a new growth vector: the work at home trend. To work at home is the new American dream. And Read more...
Home Business Success Stories
By Thomas Childs
Home Business Success StoriesDo you want to start your own home business? Are you a bit scared because you think that you will lose all of your money? Does it seem to you that every Read more...
Network Marketing as a Home Based Business
By Diep Tran
With the Internet being such a large part of everyone’s lives today, it’s only natural that many people are also seeing it as a way to earn money at home. Although some people are operating “regular” Read more...
Home Buyers Boot Camp real estate listings buyers guides - your comprehensive flip this house resource.
Below, you'll find extensive information
on leading flip this house articles and products to help you on your
way to success.
Top 10 Home Software Programs in 2006
By Dina Fedorova
Word processing and spreadsheets were the first of the killer apps for computers when PCs first started to propagate to the millions of households out there. Then, there were Internet Browsers that took everyone by storm. So what are the hot categories and hot products now? There are more products then ever out there for the shopper and many of them not that good. We looked over many, many different products and product categories to find the best products, the hot product categories, and the best software products period. The list is neither exhaustive nor scientific, but the products listed here are definitely great! If you have a computer at home, take a look at these products!
The Hot Product Categories
When searching reviews and products out there on the web some of these categories were not the top on my list, but nevertheless, they are not only out there, but getting a lot of attention. Here are ten top selling software categories for the computer:
* Home design and gardening software
* Spyware and Adware
* Family Tree Legends
* Video Sharing
* Website builders
* Speech to text conversion
* Parental control and Internet filtering
* Disk-imaging utilities
* Spam Blockers
* Internet Security
Top 10 Best Software Products
The software market has never had so many choices and for the categories listed above there are too many products to mention. Below are ten standout products for each of these areas.
* Home design and gardening software - Designer Pro 7.0
* Spyware and Adware - CounterSpy 1.5
* Family Tree Legends - Family Tree Legend 5.0
* Video Sharing - Grouper
* Website builders – SiteMaker
* Speech to text conversion – Dragon Naturally Speaking 8
* Parental control and Internet filtering – ContentProtect 2.0
* Disk-imaging utility - Acronis True Image
* Spam -
* Internet Security - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 6
The information about Software Programs presented here will do one of two things: either it will reinforce what you know about Software Programs or it will teach you something new. Both are good outcomes.
For each of these products there are additional information in the following articles. Take a look at these software products!
Below are some things to watch for in 2006, some of them are good and, unfortunately, some aren’t.
First the good news:
- We are getting a lot more serious about our security. This has a lot of reasons behind it. For example, new privacy laws are mandating organizations to tighten their security. Look to see more consumer privacy laws passed in the coming year and more tightening of security systems.
- Authentication requirements are increasing. This is closing in large security holes. Corporations are requiring a great deal more of authentication to get into secure systems (this also is on the bad news side)
- There is a plethora of sophisticated programs to help us be more secure and they will continue to get better. Competition right now is strong in the security industry sparking a lot of innovation.
- ISPs are now taking on the responsibility to help us with our security. Take AOL's recent commercials as a good sign that others will follow the trend.
Now the bad news:
- Securing our networks is costing us. Most companies are globalizing their organizations and making them secure costs a lot of money. It will get worse before it gets better.
- Authentication requirements are increasing. This is getting claustrophobic. Corporations are requiring a great deal more authentication to get into secure systems (This is also on the good news side) Unfortunately, for the end user, it is one more thing to be unhappy about, not unlike airport security lines.
- Hackers are getting more sophisticated. For example, Botnets are becoming more complex and harder and harder to catch and stop. Do a search on botnets on the Internet. They really are causing a whole lot of problems, but it does not stop there. The number of viruses and malware out there is staggering.
- Spammers keep finding more creative ways to fill our email boxes. Don't look for this trend to stop anytime soon.
So now you know a little bit about Software Programs. Even if you don't know everything, you've done something worthwhile: you've expanded your knowledge.
For more information please visit : successuniversity.com
We strive to provide only quality articles, so
if there is a specific topic related to home that
you would like us to cover, please contact us at any time.
And again, thank you to those contributing daily
to our flip this house website.